Who doesn’t love spending a few days in the laps of nature? Planning a hilly retreat to escape from the same-boring hectic schedule and unwinding oneself in the midst of heavenly mountains is one of its kind. Although traveling is a delightful experience, there are some things that we should keep in mind while packing our luggage. It is also important to realize a few things if we plan to head towards the hills during monsoons.
- It is important to keep an eye on the weather forecast. Plan your itinerary as per the suitability in the weather conditions in the hilly regions as those areas are prone to floods and landslides due to heavy rains that can put you in danger.
- Always carry a first-aid kit with basic medicines for vomiting sensation, acidity, headaches and cold and cough. It is also essential to carry a few medicines keeping in mind the infestation of insects especially in the hills.
- Although preferring local dishes is a smart option, avoiding street foods can prove to be even smarter especially during rainy season as they can cause a variety of waterborne diseases.
- No matter how much you stuff your bags with right items, wrong shoes can beat the purpose. Carrying a good pair of shoes like sneakers or boots are appropriate for snow walking or hill climbing.
- Clothes do not dry easily during monsoons in the mountains. Hence, carrying synthetic fabrics instead of cotton clothes is advisable.
- Not only appropriate shoes, but carrying a waterproof bag is also essential to protect your belongings from getting damaged from rain water.
- Sudden rains or snowfall may come to you as uninvited guests if you are traveling in the mountains. Hence, it is wise to take precautions in advance by carrying an umbrella or raincoat.