While monsoons come with oodles of joy and vibrancy, it can also invite innumerable seasonal infections. Hair problems including dandruff and hair fall are also not uncommon during rainy season. In such a situation, while most of us resort to readymade solutions to quickly get rid of the problems, they contain harmful chemicals which in the long run gradually ruin hair quality. So we have complete hair care solutions that are natural and effective home remedies.
What are they?
- The easiest homemade solution is to mix lemon juice with extra virgin coconut oil. Massage this mixture on the scalp of your hair for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash with a mild paraben free shampoo.
- You can make a homemade hair mask by mixing 2 teaspoons of homemade curd and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it all over your hair and keep it for 20 minutes before shampooing. This mixture will reduce dandruff to a large extent and make your hair lustrous and even smoother.
- A mixture of 5-6 hibiscus flowers and the same amount of hibiscus leaves along with one teaspoon of curd and lemon juice also works wonders. Leave the hair pack for 15-20 minutes and wash off. Besides retaining the natural colour of your hair, it will reduce dandruff and hair fall as well.
- Heat half a cup of olive oil and a few peeled garlic cloves for five minutes. Let it cool. Now gently massage the cold oil on your hair. Massage twice a week for best results.
- Be it hair or skin, the solution to thousands of problems is hidden in aloe vera gel. This magical gel should be applied to the roots of the hair and keep it for an hour before shampooing with cold water. Regular use of aloe vera gel will help you get rid of dandruff problems quickly.
- Besides resorting to home made products, regular exercise, meditation and other mindfulness practices are essential to keeping your hair and skin healthy. Include meals rich in vitamins A, C, E, amino acids, antioxidants, iron, protein, calcium and zinc. Additionally, it is essential to make a habit of eating green vegetables, gooseberries, dry fruits daily.